How to formulate relaxation beverages
Discover the World of Relaxation Beverages: Crafting the Perfect Formula
Relaxation beverages are already huge and growing. Food and beverage manufacturers who jump in early will be at an advantage.
The Global Relaxation Beverages Market size is estimated to grow approximately 1.3 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of approximately 15.21% between 2023 and 2030, according to a market research study published by Zion Market Research.
Let’s dive into the fascinating realm of relaxation beverages – the soothing elixirs that are becoming in-demand for consumers seeking relaxation of their mind and body amidst the chaos of everyday life.
What is a relaxation beverage?
In this fast-paced world, finding moments of tranquility is essential for our well-being. Enter relaxation beverages. Relaxation beverages are crafted to offer a calming experience without the intoxication of alcohol. These beverages aim to reduce stress, promote relaxation, and enhance overall mental clarity, for instance.
What ingredients are used in relaxation beverages?
The magic behind a great relaxation beverage lies in its ingredients. Below are some examples of functional, non-alcoholic components that contribute to crafting an effective relaxation formulation.
- L-Theanine: Found in green tea, L-Theanine is renowned for its relaxation-inducing properties. It promotes alpha brain wave production, leading to a state of calmness without drowsiness.
- Chamomile: A classic ingredient used for centuries for its calming effects, chamomile contains apigenin, an antioxidant that binds to specific receptors in your brain, promoting relaxation.
- Magnesium: Often referred to as nature’s relaxation mineral, magnesium plays a crucial role in calming the nervous system and relaxing muscles, making it an ideal addition to these beverages.
- Valerian Root: Known for its sedative properties, valerian root can aid in improving sleep quality and reducing anxiety, making it a valuable ingredient for relaxation drinks.
- Passionflower: This botanical extract has been used traditionally to alleviate anxiety and insomnia. It helps by increasing levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation.
- Lemon Balm: Used in herbal medicine for centuries, lemon balm has calming effects, reducing stress and aiding in relaxation without causing drowsiness.
How do I craft an effective relaxation beverage formula?
Creating an effective relaxation beverage involves a delicate balance of these ingredients. Combining them in precise proportions ensures a harmonious blend that soothes the senses and promotes relaxation without sedation. However, it is also key to consider factors such as flavor profiles, natural sweeteners, and additional functional components such as adaptogens or vitamins that can elevate the beverage’s efficacy and appeal.
Join the Relaxation Revolution
Are you ready to formulate your unique relaxation beverage product? At Primaria Nutrition, we are dedicated to curating the finest relaxation beverages that prioritize quality, efficacy, and taste. Our formulations undergo rigorous testing and are crafted with the highest standards to provide you with a truly refreshing and calming experience.
Contact us below to speak with one of our board-certified nutritionist specialists and food product scientists.